Basket strainers are used to mechanically remove debris in pipelines with a straining element that is shaped like a basket. Basket Strainers are typically used in horizontal pipelines. In most cases, they provide more open area for debris collection than a Y strainer and need less frequent cleaning.
Titan® Simplex Basket Strainer, Series: BS85-SS, 8 in Nominal, 17-3/8 in Overall Length, Raised Face Flanged, Stainless Steel, Grade CF8M
||Raised Face Flanged
- High quality construction: The basket strainer boasts many unique design features including inlet/outlet bosses with gauge taps, spot faced flange bolt holes, plugged bottom drain and cover vent, cast-in support legs, epoxy painted carbon bodies, encapsulated cover gasket
- Pressure loss is minimized by providing a slanted straining element design and straight flow path
- Plugged, NPT taps are provided (near the inlet and outlet on both sides) allowing for the quick mounting of pressure gauges to monitor pressure loss
- Large straining capacity: With its large body and sizeable straining element, the BS85 has The ability to store large quantities of debris without affecting pressure loss thus maximizing time between servicing
- The standard material for straining elements is type 304 stainless steel